Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Brooke Shields' gambling daughter

Share this history on :

Brooke Shields' gambling daughter

Brooke Shields has revealed her six-year-old daughter Rowan defied the odds at the Kentucky Derby by winning $6,000 after backing the 50-to-1 long shot.

Brooke Shields' six-year-old daughter won $6,000 at the Kentucky Derby.

The actress revealed little Rowan defied the odds when the pair, along with Brooke's husband Chris Henchy and three-year-old daughter Grier, went to the world famous US horse race.

She said: "We went to the Kentucky Derby for the first time as a family, and of course my older one picked the winner.

"We tried to talk her out of it. It was 50-to-1. She said, 'I like the name Mine That Bird and I think it's good,' and I said, 'Now honey, it's 50-to-1. Those aren't good odds.' But she said, 'Mom, I like it.' And I was like, 'Alright, whatever.' She got like $6,000."

However, Rowan didn't get to spend all her winnings as her parents have put the money away for her future.

Brooke revealed to America's OK magazine: "We put it in her college fund and she appreciated that. Her biggest thing was that she got a Kentucky Derby Barbie."

Brooke, 41, has also revealed her daughters make her feel special.

She said: "I'm amazed how beautiful they think I look.

"Because you live with them all day long, and then tonight I was all dressed up, and the little one, Grier, said to me, 'Mom!' and so Rowan said, 'You look beautiful.' Honestly, it's because there's sparkle, not because it's classy. And then the little one said, 'You look stunning!', and I was like, 'Stunning? You're my favourite human beings.' "



taken from : China Daily

No comments: