Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Method actress Drew Barrymore

Share this history on :

Method actress Drew Barrymore

Cast member Drew Barrymore poses at the premiere of the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" at the Grauman's Chinese theatre in Hollywood, California February 2, 2009. The movie opens in the U.S. on February 6. [Agencies]

Drew Barrymore "became" her character in new movie 'Grey Gardens'.

The 34-year-old actress plays the young Edith Bouvier Beale - the eccentric cousin of former US First Lady Jackie Kennedy - in the film, and was so determined to get the part Drew promised director Michael Sucsy she would live just like her character did.

She explained to America's Elle magazine: "I didn't want to come in there like a hungry freak.

But I also felt every second counting. So - polite conversation, then he started looking through my binder, and I saw his demeanour change, actually noticing all the hard work I had put into it.

"I said, 'Look - I have all of this inside of me, and I promise you that I will change my face to be her. I will learn how to stop talking out of the side of my mouth. I will go to school to relearn body language. I will shut out the world. I will not talk to my friends. I will give up my life for this, because I don't think you can play this character and have a social life and balance the two mentalities. I won't act. I'll become this person.' "

Little Edith and her mother Big Edith were raised as New York debutantes but eventually withdrew from society, choosing to live alone in their Long Island house Grey Gardens.

They became completely shut off and only re-emerged when an American newspaper reported the health department had raided their home, prompting Jackie to step in to help her family.



taken from : China Daily

No comments: