Your Ad Here

Monday, August 24, 2009

'Bad looking' star Penelope Cruz

Share this history on :

'Bad looking' star Penelope Cruz

Penelope Cruz doesn't care about her looks.

The 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' star - who won the Best Supporting Actress gong for the Woody Allen comedy - is dedicated to her art and doesn't care what she looks like on screen if an unattractive appearance is crucial to her character.


Penelope - who is considered one of the world's most beautiful women - said: "I am never concerned if I have to look bad. I don't care if I look good. You do whatever is necessary to give the character what it needs. It's important not to be selfish.

"You get used to looking at yourself. I make sure I am a piece of clay and give whatever that character needs inside and outside. I have a physique that can change and transform."

However, the 35-year-old beauty admits she is frustrated with Hollywood's obsession with youth.

She added to Britain's The Times newspaper: "You always end up reading stories about actresses who say they were the ugly duckling in school. I think we have had enough of these stories.

"I would probably say the same. We all feel that about ourselves, developing, becoming a woman. But if I read another story about another actress complaining abut the way she looked at school... please not one again!"
taken from : China Daily

No comments: