Your Ad Here

Friday, September 11, 2009

Janet Jackson misses brother

Share this history on :

Janet Jackson misses brother

Janet Jackson forgets her brother Michael is dead.


The 43-year-old star - the younger sister of the late 'King of Pop', who died from an acute Propofol intoxication in June - has found it difficult coping with her brother's passing and often forgets he is no longer alive.

She said: "My brother is, I mean was... You have to forgive me, because it's really hard to believe he's passed."

The 'All For You' singer has thrown herself into her work to try and overcome her grief, but was surprised she managed to be strong like her mother Katherine when she learnt the tragic news.

Janet - who is due to pay tribute to Michael with a special performance on Sunday (13.09.09) at the MTV Video Music Awards - told Harper's Bazaar magazine: "I've been doing OK. Work helps focus all of that energy on something that is of value to you.

"I always wanted to have my mother's strength, but I didn't know if it was really there. Now at least I know that I can step up to the plate and not crumble when I'm needed. When it comes to something like this - that is so, so serious, so painful, so traumatic - I can handle it."

Janet also revealed Michael's three children - Prince Michael I, 12, 11-year-old Paris and seven-year-old Prince Michael II, who are being cared for by Katherine - are coping well thanks to the love and support of their family.

Referring to Michael's July memorial concert at which Paris gave a brief but emotional speech praising her daddy, Janet said: "I was really proud. People said to me that Michael's daughter speaking really gave them a sense of how he was as a father, in her words. Paris is incredibly smart, they are all so smart. She's a sweet girl. The kids are doing well. They're with all their cousins, that family love will keep them going."
taken from : China Daily

No comments: