Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pattinson: 'I'm not an attention seeker'

Share this history on :

Pattinson: 'I'm not an attention seeker'

Robert Pattinson has insisted that he is not interested in being a celebrity.

The 23-year-old has become a tabloid favourite since taking on the role of vampire Edward Cullen in the Twilight franchise.

Speaking to AnOther Man magazine, he said: "Annoyingly, there are so few parts I feel I can add anything to, or that I want to do.

"I don't want to be an actor for the sake of it. I don't find any particular pleasure in being an attention seeker."

He went on to say that he had no idea the Twilight saga would be so successful at the box office, explaining: "It's strange because even though the figures show that the books were successful and sold millions of copies, you couldn't even buy them in London.

"I tried a couple of bookshops and they weren't available. Hardly anyone I knew had read them apart from one girl, a friend of my sister. I had no idea at all."

He added: "I'd seen Kristen Stewart in Into the Wild and some of the director Catherine Hardwicke's other films, and that's all I thought it was, something really small."



taken from : China Daily

No comments: