Your Ad Here

Monday, August 04, 2008

Music : Ida Maria 'Fortress Round My Heart'

Share this history on :



Info Album :

Artist: Ida Maria
Also known as Ida Maria Børli Sivertsen
Album : Fortress Round My Heart
Released: 28 July 2008
Catalogue number: 88697314862
Label(s) Nesna Records/Sony BMG
Website www.idamaria.co.uk

Review Album :
by Talia Kraines

Not in any way your typical Scandinavian pop starlet, Ida Maria is a bundle of anti-stereotypes. She's not blonde, she's not got a whispy voice filtering softly over some synth pop and she's not afraid to show emotion.

Emotion is what defines this album. Sounding like a throaty alcoholic, 23-year-old Norwegian, Ida Maria Sivertsen, has managed to find in a niche in the market and a way through to UK success. She doesn't sound like anything else out there and, with song titles like the joyous I Love You So Much Better When You're Naked, is happily making her own path in the world.

Clocking in at just over a slender 30 minutes in total, Fortress Around My Heart is a rollicking, high energy ride through the life of Ida. Oh My God opens the album with a subtle verse before raging into a foot-stomping punky chorus; while the cute girl groupy Louie giggles with drunken love. Slowing down only for the twinkly See Me Through And Keep Me Warm, an ode to 'nicotine and coffee' that's already popped up a Grey's Anatomy finale; it's one turbulent frenzy after another. The mighty Stella is probably the standout track, telling the tale of a hooker in New York, and slyly borrowing the hook from Martha & The Vandella's Jimmy Mack.

A spunky and captivating debut: There's nothing about this album that doesn't make us want to leap about with a wide grin.
Taken From : http://www.bbc.co.uk



Track list :

1 - Oh My God (mp3)
2 - Drive Away My Heart
3 - Louie (mp3)
4 - I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked
5 - Keep Me Warm (mp3)
6 - Frogive Me
7 - Stella
8 - Morning Light
9 - Queen Of The World (mp3)
10 - See Me Through

Ida Maria - I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked Video



Ida Maria - I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked Lyrics

Oh the clever
things I should say to you
They got stuck somewhere
Stuck between me and you

Oh I’m nervous
I don’t know what to do
Light a cigarette
I only smoke when I’m with you

What the hell do I do this for?
You’re just another guy
OK, you’re kind of sexy
But you’re not really special

But I won’t mind
If you take me home
Come on, take me home

I won’t mind
if you take off all your clothes
Come on, take them off

‘Cause I like you so much better when you’re naked
I like me so much better when you’re naked
I like you so much better when you’re naked
I like me so much better when you’re naked

No comments: