Your Ad Here

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Katie Holmes graces april issue of Glamour

Share this history on :

Katie Holmes graces the April 2009 issue of Glamour in celebration of the magazine's 70th anniversary. [Photo: gb.cri.cn]

Katie Holmes graces the April 2009 issue of Glamour in celebration of the magazine's 70th anniversary.

In the exclusive interview with Glamour, Katie opens up about being a mom to 2 year-old Suri and also addresses some rumors.

On motherhood: Katie says being a mother "has been the most amazing experience – in an instant you become strong. You have to be a little bit wiser; it's the most important job in the world."

"During the first couple of days [with Suri], we would just sleep right next to her to make sure she was breathing. And I was constantly learning on the job, but Tom was very helpful and supportive."

On the rumors about her and Tom Cruise's marriage: "Some of the stuff [people said] was such absolutely horrible things to say about a child. It was so uncalled for and so disgusting. Enough is enough."

On Cruise helping Katie deal with the rumors: "We were changing diapers. He said, 'I don't want you to get upset.' And I said, 'Well, I am upset.' So we approached it together." To those who write or report such things, Holmes says she'd like to tell them, "Why don't you come over and have dinner? See what there is to see."

On dealing with the adversity: "I definitely felt like – as a woman, as the mother of Suri – I want to handle this! My mom is very strong, and if anyone ever said anything about any of us, she would be, 'Excuse' me? That's my family!"

On being pregnant: "I'm not pregnant right now."

Glamour's Icons issue with Katie on the cover hits newsstands Tuesday, March 10th.



taken from : China Daily

No comments: