Your Ad Here

Monday, December 01, 2008

Keanu Reeves' 40 club

Share this history on :


Actor Keanu Reeves poses during the 60th Bambi media awards ceremony in the southwestern German town of Offenburg November 27, 2008. [Agencies]

Keanu Reeves says turning 40 was like being "in a club with a secret handshake".

The 44-year-old actor - who can next be seen in sci-fi movie 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' alongside Jennifer Connelly - felt more included in his group of friends when he reached the landmark birthday.

He said: "It's funny - when you get to 40 it's like being in a club with a secret handshake! I remember my doctor telling me to enjoy my forties because I will still have my physical capabilities but also my life experiences.

"We should take advantage of that before the physical capabilities slip away."

Keanu - who has previously starred in movies including 'The Matrix' film franchise and 'Constantine' - also said he doesn't mind if he becomes known for starring in sci-fi movies because he enjoys the genre.

He added to Britain's The Daily Telegraph newspaper: "I grew up liking science fiction - it's almost like a Trojan horse. You can put any other genre inside. You can do a romance like 'Blade Runner', you can do an action romance like 'Star Wars' or a comedy like 'Spaceballs'. It really translates well into other genres.

"As to whether I get stereotyped for doing sci-fi, I don't know. For me, sci-fi is just one of the things I can do."

Taken From : China Daily

No comments: