Your Ad Here

Monday, October 12, 2009

Tuneless Dita Von Teese

Share this history on :

Tuneless Dita Von Teese

Dita Von Teese will never be a pop star because she can't sing and dance at the same time.

The burlesque dancer - who was previously married to goth rocker Marilyn Manson - has refused offers to launch a music career because she can't multi task on stage.

She said: "I'm not a good singer. I have recorded some songs in that Marilyn Monroe style but I lip synched them when I performed them at The Crazy Horse Paris. It would be much too difficult to sing and dance burlesque at the same time!

"I know myself and what makes me different. No one could sell me an idea of a formula for success for a pop star. No one could talk me into that."

Dita has also slammed the new crop of rival burlesque performers, claiming she is more committed to the profession because she was in the industry before it became popular.

The 37-year-old brunette beauty explained to graziadaily.co.uk: "I started performing in 1991 before it was cool. I've loved it and worked hard. It could be that or it could be luck and being in the right place at the right time. But I like to think it's because I've worked hard and not just cashed in on what's cool at the time."



taken from : China Daily

No comments: