Your Ad Here

Monday, January 19, 2009

Lady GaGa's fashionable goal

Share this history on :

Lady GaGa doesn't want to be a one hit wonder.

The 22-year-old singer - who topped the UK charts with her single 'Just Dance' - has admitted she doesn't want to be known just for singing one song, but for making a name for herself in the world of fashion too.

GaGa - whose real name is Stefani Joanne Germanotta - explained: "Fashion is everything to me. It's just as important as the music. I don't want to exist to the British people as just one song. I want to be a true artist who affects their culture in the same way that I've affected American culture."

The fashion-conscious youngster designs and makes a lot of her avant-garde outfits herself and even has a team of people on hand to maintain her contemporary look.

She said: "I've got some shades I wear on stage that have video screens on the lenses that flash up messages. My creative team at the Haus of GaGa - who are all under 26 - came up with it.

"Christian Siriano made the oversized black patent bow in my hair for me. And this hair is certainly mine! It didn't used to be. But my record label have allowed me to take my weft out so now it's my real hair."

The singer - who was taught by nuns at a convent school she attended with Paris and Nicky Hilton - released her new album 'The Fame' in the UK on January 12.



Taken From : China Daily

No comments: