Your Ad Here

Monday, January 19, 2009

Bill Nighy's cleaning fetish

Share this history on :

Cast members Carice van Houten and Bill Nighy pose at the premiere of the movie "Valkyrie" at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles December 18, 2008. The movie opens in the U.S. on December 25. [Agencies]


Cast members Carice van Houten and Bill Nighy pose at the premiere of the movie "Valkyrie" at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles December 18, 2008. The movie opens in the U.S. on December 25. [Agencies]


Bill Nighy has a dry cleaning fetish. The 59-year-old 'The Boat That Rocked' star says there's nothing better than a wardrobe full of freshly dry-cleaned clothes.

He said: "If it stands still long enough, dry clean it. I can only really operate in a decent lounge suit." The actor always wants to look his best, which is why he never wears shorts.

He told Britain's The Sunday Times magazine: "Shorts? Shorts are repellent. It's not going to happen. It's like toga parts. You're never going to see me in a toga. I would starve rather than do toga parts.

Nobody except Brad Pitt can dignify a toga." The star - who is usually tight-lipped about his personal life - also revealed he finds stormy weather "better than any drug".

He adds: "When I was young, the weather used to drive me mental. I used to have to contain myself in a better-than-any-drug-you-ever-took way. "I used to scream and leap if the winds got high and if there was rain attached to it, I'd become deranged. I used to run and jump in it, open my mouth, open my eyes, open my face to it. I dig it... But I'm not a weirdo."


Taken From : China Daily

No comments: